View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #505
LashLarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Tall CTers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50short View Post
The Cycles East guys are machines! Way to go. Regardless of what any haters might say, the CT90 is one of the most capable, purpose-built machines in dualsport history. Not designed for hardcore, long distance touring but certainly capable of doing it. There are few bikes I'd rather set off on an adventure with...and I've ridden'em all.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us and pass your knowledge on to us ADV'ers.

I'll be traveling 400 miles roundtrip on a CT90 (mostly offroad) from western Minnesota to the Aerostich rally in Duluth over the 3rd week in August. Look for the RR in coming days. Unsupported, solo, camping as I go. Hopefully there'll be plenty of pics. And for those of you TALL CT'ers, pay attention, I'm 6'5". There is no bike I'd rather ride.

Best regards to all!
50 - good luck on your adventure. Some of the guys have made mods for the tall. Check the Yuki ct90 site for a project that raised the seat about 2 inches. And you can do long shocks (I have) but they cause the center stand to come up short. Easy fix, I just added a sidestand and it works great.
LashLarue is offline   Reply With Quote