View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #982
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZR View Post
Ive been looking for a good pair of pants for offroad (plus some street, getting to the trail riding) use in summer. The airwave pants look great, but they seem like they would be more for street use. Anyone have experience using them on the trail? Any other Revit pants recommended for offroad in the heat?
Hi AZR,

I've used an older model of REV'IT! mesh pants for some riding in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. The airflow is great, but they melt easily if your pipes are exposed (or if you fall over a lot like I do) and be prepared to get really dirty. Mesh pants act like a sort of dirt sieve off road and let the finer dirt and dust through from trail riding.

For hot weather riding, mesh pants, such as the Airwave, are great on the street but would not be my first choice for dirty or dusty off road conditions. You might take a look at something like the new Sand 2 with all the liners removed and the vents open for hot weather riding. The Sand 2 are a great option for street riding and perform in a wide range of temperatures.

Klim makes some great Off Road pants, such as the Mojave or the Dakar pants, if you decide to go that route. At the present moment, REV'IT! does not make a true dirt / off road pant.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote