View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #5342
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
So $59.95 + $12 shipping? They do like to sock it to us. CRF only hit me $18.95 for the 13t + $10.77 ship. No lube, just bend over. Was that IKEA plastic flat and thin enough to just take on the shape of the rack, or did you have to use a heat gun to persuade it?
No heat needed....make a pattern out of posterboard first....so add $1 to your production costs. If I do a version 2, it'll have "ears" that extend L & R up and out to get air flow up and away from the mirrors. Mirrors always make turbulence on the sides of your helmet that make noise. It's my opinion that smooth non turbulent air hitting your helmet is always preferred. I was out on the e-way at 70-75 mph indicated, and the very top of the windshield would slightly flutter in the turbulence behind big trucks.....so if you want a taller shield (this one is 16.75" from the tip over the headlight to the top)...I'm 5'9"...you'll need stiffer material than the 0.066" IKEA stuff. Shop for Kydex on Amazon. I have some small pieces of 0.090" polypropylene, and that would not require any heat since the shield is not a compound curve. Also, understand that these brackets will NOT work if you have bar risers....I ended up going with taller narrower cheap ass $20 steel ATV bars....with no real cable problems.

Ed@Ford screwed with this post 07-12-2013 at 11:07 AM
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote