View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #5344
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
No heat needed....make a pattern out of posterboard first....so add $1 to your production costs. If I do a version 2, it'll have "ears" that extend L & R up and out to get air flow up and away from the mirrors. Mirrors always make turbulence on the sides of your helmet that make noise. It's my opinion that smooth non turbulent air hitting your helmet is always preferred. I was out on the e-way at 70-75 mph indicated, and the very top of the windshield would slightly flutter in the turbulence behind big trucks.....so if you want a taller shield (this one is 16.75" from the tip over the headlight to the top)...I'm 5'9"...you'll need stiffer material than the 0.066" IKEA stuff. Shop for Kydex on Amazon. I have some small pieces of 0.090" polypropylene, and that would not require any heat since the shield is not a compound curve. Also, understand that these brackets will NOT work if you have bar risers....I ended up going with taller narrower cheap ass $20 steel ATV bars....with no real cable problems.
Dang, glad you pointed that out. I was going to get Rox bar risers, the ones that can rock to a position you like. Maybe a welding shop could make a piece to add to the bottom of the rack to mount lower. Only thing is, then I lose the ability to adjust the bars as needed. I had a screen on an SV650 much like this one: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/catal...&q=wind+shield
And, again....told myself I wasn't going to be throwing a bucket of $ at this bike. At least I can ride down there and check it out. They are good about letting you take stuff out to your bike to see how it will fit/look. Did that with a tank bag for a different bike, and glad I did. It looked like shite on the bike.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 07-12-2013 at 10:59 AM
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote