Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #29961
fz6kd7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I would add Tailwind Nutrition to that list. I've tried all make and manner of hydration mixes and each person should do the same to discover what works best with their body over many miles. The Cytomax was okay for me but it was absolutely necessary to keep it cold. If it heated up, it would outgas in my bottles and created a bloating problem for me on long days in the saddle. It also makes for a rather gross science project in your bottles if not cleaned out immediately post-ride. I don't have to worry with any of that since switching to Tailwind.

I use Osmo nutrition recovery powder mixed with almond milk immediately post-ride and/or a Coke or Sprite. I know this will flare up some of the rec riders... but you should really avoid any alcoholic drinks post-ride for at least a few hours while your body replenishes and recovers. (more so on very intense rides or training sessions than a group social ride or rec ride)
thanks for both of those products

can you feel a obvious result on the osmo recovery drink or is it a more subtile effect?

looks like i may try all the osmo products, this time of year is not the best
to get back into cycling in vegas, so i cycle only after sundown right now
fz6kd7 is offline   Reply With Quote