View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #7495
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
Im pretty pissed at myself. Fukk. I went to the taco truck today and as I was leaving I decided to check my engine oil (im moving tomorrow and riding about 180 miles). I look at the glass and the oil level is barely above the window. WTF. I changed the oil and filter on the 18th of last month. Its NOT a burner. Or at least I thought it wasn't. Is that level low enough to cause damage? And if so what kind? Im super upset at myself for letting this happen. I guess I need to make a better habit of checking it.

On a side note, while I was at Wally's (I digging HATE Wally's with a passion but they have the oil I use, no one else in this tiny town does) I bought myself one of those ATV seatpads. Figured it would be useful on the trip tomorrow. Anyone else like or dislike these things?

if you can still see oil in the view glass you are ok... it's when you can't see oil at all that's an issue.

How many miles have you put on the bike since your last oil change... dates don't really mean much. I changed my oil a month ago and had to redo it this week bc i reached 2k miles
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote