View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #8
FargAT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Thanks folks.

In regards to the seating "issue". I can easily reach the ground, but I'm not firmly flat-footing on both sides. The RDL ads quite some height to the GSA. In town, I can see where this might become an issue. On distance trips, it's no problem at all. Offroad,...well...Off-Asphalt, it's also not an issue.
Basically, I'll probably add the stock seat front to my arsenal, and leave the RDL off until I head out of town. Otherwise, a stocker should get the desired effect for in town and short distance runs.

Rawhyde does seem to be the best school, or at least it's the school with the best marketing, recommendations, customer feedback, etc. I'll look into that with a bit more research for next season.

There'll be some other mods that have to be made as well. Lighting for one. The stock lights are not sufficient. I'll look into options to fit HID or LED lights into the current housings. PIAA soup dishes are not coming anywhere near my bike.

The more "amusing" realization was to park the GSA next to our Concours 14s. The Kawis, although not exactly small bikes, look bit a midgety in comparison.
I can see where this GSA thing can easily turn into an addiction....
FargAT is offline   Reply With Quote