View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #60616
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Well, what can I say - it really works great on the terrain I ride around here. Tracks more predictibly than the MT-21 and D606 fronts, even with a few knobs ripped off. Maybe I'll try the XCMH front when this Scorp Pro wears out. I have time to think about it yet. I think I'll do one more ride on the smooth-in-the-center Scorp Pro rear before mounting the new XCMH waiting. I'm guessing it won't get quite the drive of the Pro, but ought to last propotionately longer. Fritz, that D908RR is a costly bugger. And looking at the tread, it's a bit more of a street tire than I like for propelling me over the stuff here. But if I were doing asphalt, gravel, and light trail, it would look like a winner.
Yeah it is, but it last twice as long as most other tires. Factor in the mount and balance cost and the time to do it and the 908 comes out ahead cost wise.

Of course a super soft is going to be the best traction and least wear but you will find the 908 an excellent off road tire, especially in lose soils. The wide " Chevy " logo center tread paddles these soils well and takes a lot of street wear. I ran this tire in Colorado over mostly rock for a week and not a nick on it. It grabs wet rock well too.

After a brief trial of the Metzler offerings I've installed a set of Michelin Desert Race on my XRL. Wow, what a dream ride and the handling is phenomenal. Wear is to be determined. Note the Unicross front lasted much longer than the Karoo rear.

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote