View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #6652
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z View Post
That's a great story!

I started a new job a couple months ago, and the place has roughly 1000 employees. There's dedicated motorcycle parking in the lot, and I seem to be the only one who rides. Once or twice I've seen another bike parked, but almost always mine is the only one.

So... I'm already the "motorcycle guy."

So the other day a coworker comes up and asks me what kind of bike it is. He tells me he's got a VTX 1300, but he doesn't ride it to work because he doesn't have any luggage like I do. He's referring to my 45 L Givi topcase that I keep on the bike all the time. I carry my work clothes in it, and then store my riding gear in it while I'm working.

He tells me that he was over looking at my bike and commented on the topcase, "It looks like one of those bikes that you'd use to ride around the world."

And then he adds, "I don't mean that in a bad way."

Cool thing was is that he expressed some regret over buying a cruiser since he said he can't go a lot of places he likes to ride since it doesn't have any ground clearance and the tires aren't up for gravel.

Jamie
Its funny you mention that. It's pretty common to talk with people who may make dumb statements about my GS, but then offer up wisdom how great their bike is in one breath but then in the next mention how they wish it could do things that mine can ultimately complaining that its not versatile enough.