View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #618
TheBlurr
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'd agree - if the price was right.

Everything I've heard from the two owners I've met with 2008's, and read about, was that they continue to run very well... they just burn oil. My co-worker eventually fought with Kawasaki and had new rings put into it, but then sold it to buy a Kawi Concours (which always thought I'd like to own... until I sat on his... I had ridden his KLR, and I think the 2008 KLR650 had things going for it that the Concours couldn't match for commuting and traveling).

I still think the KLR beats my DR for comfort on a stock bike, too... but my DR650 is lighter
I picked up an 08 for a crazy deal a little over a week ago, have 500 oil burning free miles on it so far, really not worried about it, I purchased it understanding that KLRs in general are known to go thru a bit, I just look at it like cars when I was a kid, had to actually check the oil and add some now and then, no biggy long as she runs good, hopefully she never uses any but thus is life.
I like the KLR better than the DR for a road bike for sure, especially with the fairing, I rode naked for over a decade and now Im a wind burnt sissy
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote