View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Sir. Waffles OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Northern Vermont Weekend

With Mrs. Waffles off in Grad school for 2 weeks I found myself with some free time and decided to head to Vermont for the weekend. It was the usual Waffle style weekend, getting lost, some little head scratching and a few u-turns.

Day one in Vermont started a little rough. I hit the road early only to end up getting lost and taking a detour which led to a gated road. I was then chased by a pack of dogs to a gated road only to have to turn around and face them again. Luckily for me I was only greeted by a pissed off women wanting to know if her dogs followed me. I happily told her I was unsure if they did but was glad not to see them. I then bailed on my route and made my way up to Montpelier to meet the Mrs. before giving it another shot for the day. Things quickly turned better.

I'm not 100% sure what this thing is besides pure awesomeness. My inter-child did a woooooow with a slow head turn and dropped jaw. It might not look that big either but there was at least a two car garage behind it. I image its there winter beater as I passed it a towards the end of Lincoln Gap Rd.

Also came along a 1957 Volvo Sugga, which I've never seen before.

After making it across central Vermont I headed across the lake to see what I could find in New York.

Crown Point Light

I didn't make it in the fort or a few of the other places I wanted to see but my time was limited and I wasted a few hours getting lost.

Took the Tiger for a little boat ride. I think well be back to Upstate New York.

Making my way back over the mountains to Montpelier to meet up with the Mrs. for dinner.

The next day I made my way up towards Burlington for some riding around the lakes and northern Vermont. I didn't get many pictures as I was too busy enjoy the good roads and weather we had.

Sir. Waffles screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 07:01 PM
Sir. Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote