View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #57
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 472
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by theofam View Post
I can't believe how beautiful those pics are up around and north of the Circle! The sky was like grey soup when I rode up there. My experience, and views, were quite different.

Grizz, so glad to learn Gretchen just needed to dry out after all the drink you fed her! She's a bit similar to most of us after a tough night tipping a few too many back!
We had 4 days of absolutely the best weather one could think of. A bit on the warm side, but as you can see. Not many clouds. More pics coming as connection speed and access allow. I was just looking through them and I still can't believe what we saw and experienced. I wish we could have stayed longer and even hiked back into the parks. Words and pictures just can't capture the experience.

Yeah, Gretchen and I are back on speaking terms now.
Johann and I gave the bikes a good cleaning yesterday. They look good. One thing I can say to all... is that if you ride up there, your bike will never be the same afterwards. The calcium chloride is horrible, especially on exposed aluminum parts and mufflers. Add heat and water and it is a caustic cocktail. They were using ALOT of it on the roads as they are in a state of constant repair and up keep. My aluminum panniers will see a lot stickers now to provide validation of our travels and to distract the eye from the aging beauty scars. All good and worth it IMHO. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote