View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
After a few more minutes of "Geez, I've always wanted to take a motorcycle trip", I decided to throw caution to the wind and sign on with a guy who I was sure would hate me before the trip was over. I thought it would at least make for a funny story or two.

Word of our upcoming trip spread like wildifre. All sorts of questions about our sexuality...References to movies by Ang Lee...Photo-shopped pictures of the two of us dressed like pirates astride Easy Rider style choppers...infractions to just about every HR policy ever written.

Now I start thinking about how the ride is going to play out. There's no way Mike is going to ride a cruiser to California and back, on highways, for his first real road trip. He might be able to do it, but I expect he won't be much fun as a travelling companion. He'll probably be miserable. I start thinking about other possible destinations. He's never taken a big trip on a bike so the possibilities are relatively endless. I suspect that as much as I hate riding on the interstate, he's going to hate it a great deal more on his bike. So where to go with a week of travel and not too much highway? Where could we go that is manly enough to stop all of the crude comments and innuendo in the office? What screams out tough and rugged? I assume we all know the answer....

Key West, Florida of course.

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 03:12 PM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote