View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 617
While M!ke is a complete prick (I mean that in the most loving way) and took great pleasure in ridiculing me every day leading up to the trip, I was concerned that his lack of preparation might lessen my enjoyment. I didn't want him getting stranded on the side of the road or being so miserable that he turned back. So, at some point leading up to the trip, I strongly suggested that he procure the following things:

• fresh tires
  • oil change
  • rain suit
  • full face helmet
  • Scala communicator
  • windshield
He really fought me on the windshield. I told him that if we were going to cover significant highway miles, he was going to wish he had a windshield...especially if it rained. He'd been riding around town for the past couple years with a little beanee helmet and the wind in his hair (not really...bald like me). Day after day I nagged him about getting a windshield. Some of our coworkers who ride also weighed in on the value of wind protection. He finally gave in and told me that he ordered one.

It finally arrived and he left work early (per usual) to go home and install it. A few hours later, I received an excited text message. The installation was complete. The picture was priceless.

Now it was my turn to laugh....

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 04:14 PM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote