View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
Is that not truly the silliest example of a windshield ever devised? To me, its a prime example of form over function...assuming you can even find something appealing about the form. Keep in mind that Mike had been making fun of my packing list for quite some time when this picture showed up on my phone. From that point on, I ridiculed him endlessly about his new windshield or "visor" as it came to be known around the office. He swore that he could really feel the difference. I said that he was full of crap.

Then he asked me for a ride on a Friday afternoon. He was dropping the bike off at the nearest dealer about an hour away for a full service and new tires. He was going to drop the bike off for a few days and wanted a ride home. On the ride over, at highway speeds, I was sure that he was finding out just how ineffective his new piece of motorcycle jewelry actually was. Yet, when we arrived, he assured me that it was great. I implored him to buy a real windshield while we were there at the dealer. They even had one in stock. He said that after all the crap I gave him, he would never give me the satisfaction of admitting the windshield was anything short of awesome. Even if his arms were ripped from his shoulders by the wind and his face beaten raw by the rain. I admired his stubborn commitment to the joke, but I really questioned the logic of it all.

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 03:15 PM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote