View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #6670
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
I park my 2012 red R1200R on the sidewalk at my girl friends house. It was garbage day so her can was on the sidewalk too. I pulled right up to the can and went inside. Two reasonably well dressed men were looking at the bike. Girl friend asked if she could help them. They asked what she was doing with the motorcycle like it was out to the curb with the garbage. We both got a good laugh.
I actually got my very first bike this way - a neighbor down the street had put an '86 Yamaha Radian out on his curb with the rest of his trash. I saw it riding my bicycle home from school one day, and almost kept riding past because I figured who'd throw out a motorcycle? But I decided to see what the deal was, and the guy was out in his garage cleaning another bike, so I went up and asked him if he was really throwing out the Radian. He said yes, it had been sitting forever and he'd just bought a new Harley (the new bike he was cleaning) and his wife was making him get rid of it. So I pushed it down the street on flat tires, ran back and forth from my parent's house to his a few times grabbing all the parts, and after about 40 minutes of effort and $0 spent, I had a motorcycle!
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote