View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #104
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISdood View Post
Great to see you reach the northern goal, Jeff. Here's hoping for better weather as you head south. For the record, it was 28 in PG today. Much nicer than the cold & rain that followed you through town on the way north.

Drop me a line if you're coming this way again on the way south... ride safe and keep enjoying the journey!
Thanks Kelly will do for sure, heading out to Chicken Alaska and back down to Whitehorse.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Roads View Post
I'm so glad you made up and back down the Dempster. That's a big bike with a big load you must have had several OMFG moments if was wet in the poorer sections of the road. Congratulations you've just completed one the world's most beautiful roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Roads View Post
How bad were the bugs in Dawson and north to Inuvik? We had it pretty good in June the locals were telling us everything was 3 weeks behind schedule. I've heard they can be amazingly bad even by Northern Alberta standards.
Thanks Icy Roads, the Dempster can be brutal and the most beautiful place to be for sure. The Mitas E07 worked really well even in the muck.
As for the bugs here in Dawson or in Inuvik no problem but when you get out there hold on to your bug repellant.

Jeff
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote