View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
littlelionmonster OP
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 761
Day 3 Bennington to Quebec City

I like Vermont, but the 50 mph speed limit sucks. For some reason, I was really cold when I woke up. Thought I had enough clothes on, but it took me awhile to wake up and get going. Left camp at 7 AM and stopped at the Bennington monument then hit scenic 7 north. 40-50 mph the entire way to Burlington.

It was my sons birthday, so I stole his green ninja figure for some company. He was my little mascot for the trip.

Space - time vortex in Bennington. I remember reading about ability of the Tiger 800 to bend time and space and now we have proof!!

Bennington Monument - this things was huge.

Pretty country lots of garden centers and it was gas sale day!!

I passed a number of renewable energy installations in Vermont

Because I grew up on a farm. Used to spend the entire month of June riding/ driving a John Deere tractor

Made it to Burlington around 1030 Found some breakfast and walked around downtown a bit. After camping last night I decided to get a hotel in Quebec since I was pretty beat this morning, I got that reserved. Also found some capri long johns at the Gear Exchange store. $20 for nice merino wool!! I ended up wearing them for the next 2 weeks.

Headed north on Rt 2 thru Grand Isle and crossed into Canada at a lazy border crossing.

I think this is Whiteface Mt. Yes, that is snow. The guys at the Gear store said they got a couple feet 2 or 3 days ago.

With no big welcome sign so took a pic of French stop sign.

I originally planned go thru Sherbrook and Thetford Mines, but ended up wondering around the local farm roads, then just followed the freeways to Quebec. I guess I was tired of only going 50 mph.
Ninja was confused by all the strange writing on the trucks.

I hit rush hour traffic in Quebec city and no pics. Found the hotel and got settled. Hit the subway across the street for some dinner. Think I surprised the guy behind the counter when I asked him "parlez-vous anglais".

Spent the rest of the evening trying to figure out how long it would take to get across Labrador. I thought I spent enough time laying out the routes, but somehow, I forgot most of that stuff. I also did it on purpose. Usually I layout the route, drop it in the GPS and follow it. I didn't do that for this trip since I wanted to make up a lot of this as I went.

Tomorrow - Manic 5

Buy my Jetta TDI
Buy my jacket
littlelionmonster is online now   Reply With Quote