View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
The next 12 hours involved slogging across the New York State Thruway in the pouring rain. Thank God for EZ-Pass because M!ke would have been at the tollbooth for an hour wrestling with his rain mittens and trying to fish change out of his pocket. We eventually got the headsets working and were able to pass the time talking about just how angry his girlfriend wasNot much else to report about the thruway...big trucks are your enemy and there's not a whole lot to see. At one point, M!ke tells me that he's on fire...I laugh, hoping that its true just to break the monotony. We pull over to find that his shiny (LOUD) chrome pipes have melted through the leg of his rainsuit. We pull over to investigate and implement corrective action.

Lucky for him, someone had a fresh roll of black duct tape in their "pannier" and was able to hook him up without much trouble. I was able to quickly access the tape by referencing my handy-dandy laminated inventory card...left box...blue bag...BAMM! Duct tape for the fix and velcro strap to keep the pant leg from flopping around in the wind. One point for AR disorder.

He had to ride the rest of the trip with molten plastic all over his pipes. I wouldn't have been able to handle it. I would have been at Walmart that night buying Sprite Zero and a Magic Eraser. Fortunately for M!ke, he is not burdened by such things.

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-06-2013 at 10:52 AM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote