View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #28
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
Day 1 ended somewhere outside of Cleveland, Ohio...about 525 miles from my house...the rain had let off somewhere around Buffalo and we were just trying to break free of the grey skies...we stopped at a Hampton Inn and that set the bar for accomodations for the rest of the trip...covered parking...3 fluffy pillows...a down comforter...and a full breakfast buffet. This was truly not a bad way to end a long day in the saddle. We agreed to share rooms and simply alternate who paid from day to day. Seemed like it should all come out in the end. Discussion of money makes me terribly uncomfortable and M!ke displays his trademark nonchalance on the topic so it was an easy arrangement to live with. Mercifully, our rain suits were already dry by the time we stopped so we checked in, changed, and cruised over to Bob Evans to eat waaaaaay too much fried food.

After some deep fried appetizers, I ate my first of about 20 country-fried steaks that night...I do so love country-fried steak with a mountain of mashed potatoes and tons of gravy. Some pie for dessert and I was ready for bed. We got back to the room, Mike stepped out to make an uncomfortable call to his angry girlfriend, and, by the time he returned to the room, I was dead asleep. 9:00PM.

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-06-2013 at 10:53 AM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote