View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #227
pyplinr
Ta Ta Toofey

Oddometer: 40
Wicked Bilt DS Helmet

Questions:

1. Now that you've had it for a while, what do you think?
2. How is it on the highway at speed?
3. Is the sun visor dark enough? It looked a little light when I tried it on.
4. Any quality issues after 1 month?

Any other

1. For a $100 helmet its great, that being said...
2. Very noisy at highway speed and also squeaked when buffeted (the roost guard mounts/bolts are crap)
3. Internal sun visor was good for all but direct morning/evening sun in my eyes (I added sunglasses in those cases)
4. 1st drop from seat height pulled the roost guard off, the two small hex bolts that hold the back of the guard pulled through the guard itself. I found longer bolts and washers to remedy the problem

5. No room/means to mount bt speakers in the helmet. I ended up carving out some styrofoam to make room.

Surely undoubtedly someone reputable will make a DS helmet with a retractable internal sunvisor and clear visor eventually....
I am a fan of this type of helmet just not the current manufacturers; I previously had a Scorpion Cobnvertible (with internal sun shade) and liked it with exception to the wieght and the street look.

For note, I also bought an Acerbis DS with similar equipment. I ordered a 2X and it fit about like a typical medium. My head is 8 5/8ths and I couldn't get an Acerbis XXL past the top of my forehead.

pyplinr screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 01:55 PM Reason: + pic
pyplinr is offline   Reply With Quote