View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
DAY 2 continued:

I wish I could tell you more about the ride through Toledo and Chicago, but I was quite properly stoned on prescription meds and I have almost zero recollection . I do remember that my EZ Pass wasn't getting picked up by the toll sensors and I kept getting angry messages from the stack lights...call EZ Pass...low balance...no EZ Pass...slow down Jeff Spicoli...Mr. Hand is a dick!

I had no idea what was going on...I just kept driving through and assuming I could sort it out later. At one point, a toll booth attendant told me that my mounting point was no good and I should relocate it. I proceeded to hold it in my teeth during the next few tolls and it worked perfectly. I made a mental note to fix it later in the trip. Those middle states really like their tolls. I got my EZ Pass statement in the mail the other day and I had $100 in tolls. I vaguely remember Mike being along on Day 2, but I can't remember any of our interactions before we stopped for lunch.

Speaking of M!ke, for a guy riding a cruiser with loud-a$$ pipes, forward controls, and not a lot of creature comforts, he plowed through 500+ miles of rain on DAY1 without so much as a complaint; even when his rain suit melted. Had I been sober, I would have been properly impressed. I certainly am now. DAY2 was much of the same, but I was going to put him to the test before the end of this day...

Hondarider screwed with this post 08-06-2013 at 10:55 AM
Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote