View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
littlelionmonster OP
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 764
Day 4 Quebec to Manic 5 Hotel Lenergie

Got a good jump out of the hotel then spent longer then I thought getting gas, cash & breakfast. Tim Horton's is good stuff but twice in a day got old.

Great ride along the shore of the St Lawerance River. Some how I did not take pics of the big waterfall just outside Quebec City. Crazy scenery and good roads til Baie Comeau.

Came around the corner to what I thought was an accident, but the cable guy just needed to pull a cable over the road.

Crossing the Saguenay River

Got to baie comeau about 1230 had lunch at Tim Hortons again then headed out to Manic 5. My original plan was to try and make it to Reis Gabriel, but the 200 km of twisty, bumpy roads really kind of took it out of me. It was hard to keep eyes on the road from trying to look around. The ground is either rock, sand or bog. Thought I caught air on a couple of frost heave bumps.

Got to Manic 5 around 5 so not especially good time. Got gas and asked about a room and just decided to call it a day. Last section was really took it out of me and since the next section was 100 km of gravel, seemed like a good decision.

Power company vehicles

Fabulous Room

Fabulous Dinner

Tomorrow - Goose Bay - Happy Valley

Buy my Jetta TDI
Buy my jacket
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote