View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #51
K-Chil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
It being from Mexico definitely makes it seem more obtainable, but I'm always up in arms with desirable bikes that aren't officially available in the US.

There is an enormous list of bikes not available here, that I would pick. The Honda Cub 110 tops the list, nearly, but so do a plethora of other Hondas and Japanese small-displacement bikes. When I was in the Philippines (Cebu and neighboring islands), the only "real" bikes I saw were being ridden by tourists and I think I only saw them once.

Small bikes in the same class as the Honda Super Cub (albeit, with more modern designs) were the norm. I even got to actually ride one (read: drive) with a side-car attached. Only a block or so, but it was neat. Note, neutral is on the bottom, not between first and second, over there.

But anyhow, until it's actually here, I don't want to get my hopes up on bikes like this.

As mentioned before I'm sure, the Taiwanese counter part is readily available to us. They manufactured the Cubs before Honda pulled out of Taiwan recently (before coming back in to make the Grom??). As a Tawainese-Yamaha rider, and someone who knows second hand that Kymcos never fail, I wouldn't get too hung up on the fact that it's made in Taiwan. ]

If I had it my way, I would get a CBR150R.