View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #6
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,622
Not my worst but my FIRST.

At age 17 I bought my FIRST powered two-wheeler for cash outright!

It was a Honda C65 (Supercub) optioned up with Honda Windscreen and Honda Luggage Rack.

Part of my learning to ride it properly involved riding it around on our 20 acre extent of land.

. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .

Well my 19 y.o. elder brother (who would be years later diagnosed as schizophrenic) put out his hand for a ride.
So I let him, and he tootles along (big smile on his face) while coming up to perform a tight turn on the dirt surface (street tyres; remember on a supercub) without slowing from the speed that he has attained.

So, down it goes - outwards since there is no appreciable degree of banking involved ---- and now I have a busted windscreen.
(And he wondered why I was concerned for the screen and not for him! The screen cannot heal and become whole by itself --- whereas human skin can, and does, do all of that.

So, then I had to buy myself a replacement windscreen BEFORE I even had gone for my test and then got myself a licence.

. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .

Many decades later as a full-blown schizophrenic he would sell out his self-owned house, leaving himself with no abode, and pull me down the back steps of my Uncle's Queenslander - leaving me to drive myself to hospital (four-on-the-floor) with the second last finger of my left hand (shift hand) sticking out sideways!