View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #96
Toren
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Up Haleakala
I was on vacation in Maui the end of June. We had gone up to the summit of Haleakala in a car to watch the sunset and supermoon rise. I was really looking forward to making the trip up again when I rented a bike for the day. My brother-in-law rented an Electra Glide and I got a V-Strom. I also rented a GoPro to try to record some of the fun. Unfortunately that was the only day in the 14 I was there that it really rained. We rode out the road toward Hana a while. It was dry there, so we decided to try to get up Haleakala and get above the clouds where it looked clear. We headed up in a light shower and by the time we got up into the switchbacks it was pouring, though the road was still pretty fun. When we got up around 4,000 feet visibility was so bad we gave up and turned back.

I ended up going out to Kahakuloa Village the morning before I returned the bike in Kaanapali, that was a lot of fun. I put 250 miles on the bike in 24 hours, though.

The humidity fogged the GoPro lens some, but I got some good photos and video, I'll see if I find anything good to post.

Toren is offline   Reply With Quote