View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
pebmr OP
Retired Marathoner

Oddometer: 58
Saw this Cadillac Ranch...
Continued til I hit SD 14 and headed south then west thru rolling hills. Crossed the mighty Missouri at Pierre. Saw Mr. Trooper about 6 times then with different cars pulled over as I passed him, stopped to take a pic, he passed me,... The highway follows the Old Deadwood Trail which ran from Pierre to Deadwood

Skys became very dark and windy, so I stopped to put on more gear and Mr. Trooper was soon there-just checking on me so I thanked him. Drove thru some heavy stuff and made it to Wall Drug (sorry no pics of the Tourist Trap)had some ice water, got gas and two large beers to go, and headed into the Badlands.

It was already about 7 pm, so I went in the back way and on to the rustic campsite that "never fills up"... It was full on the 4th. So I looked at the map to check my options which weren't many-maybe keep going to some Grassland area and camp on our public lands-but it looked far and I was not sure what access there would be. So, here was campsite for night 1-very peaceful with Mourning Doves singing away...

pebmr screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 11:18 AM Reason: wrong pic
pebmr is offline   Reply With Quote