View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
When I was 12 my dad had a work friend of his and family up to our cabin. They had a son about my age who brought a Honda 50CC minibike. (I was insanely jealous because my parents were the typical anti-motorcycle parents so I'd never get to own something like that in a million years.)

Anyhow, he took me for some rides up and down our dirt driveway and down the road a ways. Then he asked me if I wanted to try it. Fuck yeah!

I then road it up and down the driveway with him on the back so he could be sure that I had a clue. I did flawlessly.

Then came the moment of truth, riding it solo. Everyone was standing right there, all four parents and the other kid. Boy, did I fuck up. It had an "automatic" transmission of some sort so it was twist-n-go. Anyhow, when it started moving I tried braking. Unfortunately, I was used to the brakes on my bicycle and rolling my right hand back when I braked so the harder I tried to brake the more throttle I gave it. The throttle had more oomph than the brakes so the harder I tried to brake, the faster I went. About 15 feet in front of me there was about a two and a half foot gap between a station wagon and a tool shed. Somehow, scared shitless, I shot that gap and then went flying off into the bushes where I face planted. Luckily I didn't hurt the other kid's minibike.

Needless to say, that was the end of my first moto experience.

(I'm sure glad YouTube wasn't around back then.)

duck screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 09:26 PM
duck is offline   Reply With Quote