View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #117
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,500
Lo and Behold--------Saddlebags !!!!!!

I had Dirt Bagz send me a set of the "Scout" bagz and mounts for a Honda knowing I would have to modify the racks to fit my Husky---probably a lot of work but I'm not waiting for somebody to make them as I've got riding to do.

You won't hardly believe me when I tell you how easy it was. The top mounts on both the left and right rack bolted right up to the subframe------what were the odds of that--next to none I'd say--I think I better go buy a lotto ticket--nah !!
And all I had to do to the bottom mounts was add some length to them. From the time I went to my garage till I painted my welding was 3 hrs. I have a wire welder and it was a piece of cake for me. I'm am so happy I could just poop. I've read about those bagz for years but never seen a set in person---man they are nice---and the simple way they mount is a work of genius. 10 seconds on----5 seconds off. I may or may not add a little tubing to the left rack to make sure it keeps off the pipe.

I just finished riding some new sections of the Trans America Trail
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112698
And put about 800 miles on the husky--I didn't have the bagz---but I had some Aerostich tank panniers on the tank---and now with the rear rack and bagz--you can pack enough for some superlight offroad touring.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 01-07-2006 at 12:19 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote