View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #117
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,659
Lo and Behold--------Saddlebags !!!!!!

I had Dirt Bagz send me a set of the "Scout" bagz and mounts for a Honda knowing I would have to modify the racks to fit my Husky---probably a lot of work but I'm not waiting for somebody to make them as I've got riding to do.

You won't hardly believe me when I tell you how easy it was. The top mounts on both the left and right rack bolted right up to the subframe------what were the odds of that--next to none I'd say--I think I better go buy a lotto ticket--nah !!
And all I had to do to the bottom mounts was add some length to them. From the time I went to my garage till I painted my welding was 3 hrs. I have a wire welder and it was a piece of cake for me. I'm am so happy I could just poop. I've read about those bagz for years but never seen a set in person---man they are nice---and the simple way they mount is a work of genius. 10 seconds on----5 seconds off. I may or may not add a little tubing to the left rack to make sure it keeps off the pipe.

I just finished riding some new sections of the Trans America Trail
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112698
And put about 800 miles on the husky--I didn't have the bagz---but I had some Aerostich tank panniers on the tank---and now with the rear rack and bagz--you can pack enough for some superlight offroad touring.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 01-07-2006 at 12:19 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote