Oddometer: 13,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
his results show that he did.
When did they team up together?

*edit*
Never mind.
http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/eighte...ds-aldon-baker

Aldon Baker has been involved with some of the top riders in the sport of supercross for a long, long time now. This South African who’s specialty was bicycle racing and personal training, hooked up with Ricky Carmichael for the 2000 season and the two of them combined for a ton of championships and race wins. When RC retired, it was on to Ben Townley for a few years and then James Stewart. After those two parted ways, people watched with interest as Baker moved over to Ryan Villopoto’s camp.

Aldon’s off-season work with Villopoto can be seen in the fact that RV has never been this sculpted before. Early on this season, RV has two wins and the sx points lead as I write this. I got a few minutes of Baker’s time to talk about his deal with RV and his split from Stewart.

Me: Aldon, can you tell us about your deal working with Ryan Villopoto?

Aldon Baker: He approached me actually and the thing was when I was approached by Ryan, right out of the gate, he mentioned the areas he's got to be pushed. That’s a cool thing when the athlete knows his strengths and weaknesses. Also his girlfriend Kristen also gave me some feedback, which was awesome because you then get a fair idea of how much pushing he needed and what was going to be in place. Because I didn't start with him until November, we didn't have a lot of time to kick it in and had to go straight into it, getting a good plan together, and moving it forward from there.

The guy has always had the ability and speed but hasn’t been in the shape to let that really loose because that’s an area that has been holding him back and well out of balance. I think coming through that, and just a sense of confidence in your fitness and your ability, because now he doesn’t get tired like he used to and knows he’s still going to get fitter, and we've got areas that will improve through time and that’s good. It’s a real big turnaround. We just keep honest and maintaining his side of all the little pieces and make sure that’s covered.

enduro0125 screwed with this post 07-22-2013 at 06:03 PM
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote