View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #44
RACINGTHESUN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidehil View Post
Yamaha is pretty bullit proof. Three new sleds and 3 new bikes over the years, they just make stuff that runs. Badass boat motors too. My stock snow machine is an apex and people slap turbos on them, then watch out. I was gonna buy the Honda but I don't think I could have pulled this off. I'm kind off brand specific after my pops wheeled his (68) 175 enduro with me holding on for dear life as a child.
Right on agree with your assessment of Yamaha. They are my favorite brand for big boy toys.(Sorry, girls play with them also) Loved my Grizzly 700, it was an awesome machine that carried me back 80 miles into the sticks of Alaska camping and gold prospecting. Never found any Gold, spent to much time fishing and 4wheeling. They forget to tell you that prospecting is hard work. Also had yami outboard, 1300 Royal Star Venture, and that is going to be my touting of Yamaha. Did test ride a WR250r, and I am getting one as soon as possible. Love that bike and am impressed with the ease it pulled my fat ass around with. Also, no vibration detected whatsoever while riding. Even in the dirt that I test rode on. Told the dealer, briefly took it on the dirt. His reply, "You son of a bitch" Just seems way better than my 2012 KLR 650 as far as handling and vibration. Wish I hadn't bought that piece of crap. Of all the 9 or 10? motorcycles I have owned, the KLR is by far the worst of the bunch. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
RACINGTHESUN is offline   Reply With Quote