View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #63
thecanoeguy OP
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,837
it was a straight run up to the Nambiian border ,but the elevation for a bit was up near 800 to 1000 metres in the rain so i was loving those heated grips,by the time i got to the border it had dried out and it doesn't look to rains here to often, the border is the Orange river

the change in the landscape over the border is amazing ,straight to desert ,like a light switch, i turned of the main route to follow the Orange River towards Fish River Canyon

dirts roads are pretty good,my mate back home needs a excavator ,this one been sitting here a while ,hoysty ,come get it ,only need to pay shipping

i ended up at a small mining town and camped behind the cafe for free ,just had to buy dinner for $7

in the morning i went looking for fish river canyon , and headed for Fish River Lodge seemed like an idea it might be near the canyon ,,there not too big on signs here

well i found it ok ,what a place very exy to stay here ,i settled for a $2.40 beer on the balcony ,the lodge is right on the edge of the canyon which looks to be about 1 km deep ,i could have settled in for the arvo

i had a chat with a few of the guys ,they stay there for 3 months and have a month off

time to head to Luderitz

half way there ,i hit a bit of a rock through a dry river crossong and must have got a pinch ,cause 10 minutes later i nearly threw it down at about 90 kays an hour when suddenly my front tyre decided to not want to hold air ,,after a nappy change it was on with the job

after the flat i managed to make a wrong turn and added 100km so it was just getting dark when i got to Luderitz

thecanoeguy screwed with this post 07-23-2013 at 12:08 AM
thecanoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote