View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
Nanabijou OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcaddy View Post
Thanks! I really enjoyed reading your ride report. I've been thinking smaller myself lately. Recently was talking to a shop about a 250 dual sport and they repeatedly kept telling me I need to get a 650! Several years ago I did a three day trip on a Ninja 250, which is quite a change from the Ducati Multistrada I usually ride. I had a blast on it!
I rode through your area years ago on a Honda 750. Thanks for showing me the sights I missed back then
jbcaddy - I also own a 2009 Yamaha WR250R. It's a great dual-sport. And you can get some impressive deals on used ones in the U.S. right now. I went for a ride today - out to Sleeping Giant Park and back. I was riding with some friends - one on a KLX250S and the other on a Suzuki DR650. Both of them tried the WR and were equally surprised at the amount of power the WR puts out. And it's stock - except for a 47 T rear sprocket (stock is 43T). The DR650 owner really enjoyed riding it and afterwards said he's seriously considering purchasing one. He added that it didn't feel like a 250cc power-wise and had more low end than he expected as well. Granted - it is a tall bike - and doesn't offer much highway wind protection. But it's tons of fun - and has plenty of power for 99% of the things I need it to do.

Mike

Nanabijou screwed with this post 07-23-2013 at 08:03 PM
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote