View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by showerfan View Post
...PS -- I think KTM's SMR is too small to track with literbikes and 600 sportbikes, but maybe I'm wrong? Please set me straight, that would also be awesome.
Depends a little on the track but, as always, more on the rider. The larger displacement single cylinder KTMs/Husabergs/Husqvarnas and Honda/Suzuki 450's have enough steam for most any course. An organization that uses the Louden track created a supermoto class a few years ago at Louden because the sm's were kicking 600 asses in the sportbike class- and also upsetting folks because they were passing everywhere .

I've tracked a Husaberg 510 and a friend his EXC520 successfully at Pocono (the old East course) and the Millville courses.

A side benefit of the singles is that you can also do supermoto specific track days. These are usually 1/2 the cost of regular track days and just as much fun. And they're perfect if you have moto gymkanas in your area.

Of course the twins make better street bikes (much better imo depending on where you live), so if that's important to you it's probably a better solution.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote