Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #47
ManLee OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Day 3

Day 3 June 23, 2013
Ashcroft, BC to Williams Lake, BC
231 Miles

This is probably one of the best days of riding in the whole trip. 231 miles through the Gang Ranch and it was almost all dirt.

Needle in a hay stack. Don't drop a clear chain lube straw in a pile of hay. You will not find it.

This is my Aunt. She has lived and worked on this ranch for over 40 years. She's been on adventures all over the world and I was happy to share a part of my adventure with her and she was excited for me.

First stop for the day was to check out my Cousin and his wife's Cabin. My dad spent a summer here a few years ago building it.

Leaving my cousins the road was muddy from last night rain. This stuff was SLICK!

Thankfully the mud did not last long.

Upper Hat Creek Road on our way to Pavillion.

I was happy now. We were on BigDogs route heading to the Gang Ranch

The Frazier River below.

Except for a guy we passed on a tractor we didn't see a soul here. My aunt said there was a post office and company store but it was Sunday and most likely closed so we just of cruised on through.

It was hot today so we were thankful to find a creek with some shade

We camped at a nice grassy campground just outside of Williams Lake. Our first stop was at the cold beer store and we met a fellow rider who told us where to camp and even offered his front yard if we wanted. Wish I could remember his name or had gotten a pic. You meet the nicest Canadians at the cold beer store.

Camp set up, mountain house meals brewing and we get hit with another thunderstorm. It seemed to be the norm for the first part of our trip.

ManLee screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 02:38 PM
ManLee is offline   Reply With Quote