View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #24577
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Count me in on the next one!! Can't wait to get out there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
GRRRRRRR! After making a nice long ride report of this weekends events, I hit submit reply and it lost everything as I had been timed out!! Oh well, here is the Reader's Digest version...

Many thanks to everyone, especially Andrew, for a wonderful weekend of great riding, camping and meeting new friends. What made it extra fun for me was that in 28 years of riding, I had NEVER been to ANY of the places we went to in WV.

Camp night one...After being spoiled by a big, comfy, RV that is nicer than my first apartment, I actually enjoyed motorcycle camping a little.

Friday night near West Augusta

Mi casita

Day two.
Spruce Knob, foggy and 62 degrees! No view, good excuse to go back!

Despite the fog, it was still beautiful

Lunch stop at a cool place called the Alpine Springs Lodge. Lots of guns, bayonets, hunting traps, pictures of hunters with game, etc...

Giant bear trap, looks horribly painful!

One of a few bears rugs, this one was on the ceiling

Big bear statue in the corner

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Karl (Greenflyfarmer) and I getting carried away for an action shot for my kids!

After lunch we took WV rt. 72 that runs from Hambleton WV to 32 just past Red Creek WV (VERY highly recommended) on our way to Dolly Sods

Dolly Sods, very neat place. This is what I imagine the Canadian tundra or parts of Alaska look like minus the moose, 1200 pound brown bear and JDRocks and his homemade ADV bike.

On our way back to Laurel Fork, we stopped to admire a beautiful vista. Me and das fraulein on the right and Dirt Monkey and his Tiger on the left.

Mi casita night number two at LF.

Sorry for the lack of riding shots but I left my GoPro at home...Except for one flat rear tire in the group and a "minor tumble" on gravel, we all had a great time.

On the way home, Chuck and I drove through what felt like Niagara Falls while going over Afton mountain! Sweet Jesus that has to have been some of the heaviest rain I have ever ridden in, never mind the scary sudden cross winds! Everyone was either going 30 mph with their flashers on or pulling over! Fortunately, a bit east of C'ville, the sky turned blue, and we had smooth sailing home! I detailed the bike, took a hot shower, had a nice steak dinner and took the family out for ice cream!
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote