View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #24580
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,909
Mission accomplished. Finished the entire TAT today with a ride into the Pacific at Port Orford, Oregon.

Crossing the USA on a thumper was every bit as painful as I thought it would be, but it would have been impossible to do the entire TAT on my GS.

All together it was 31 days and 7 hours. 6334 miles from my house in Petersburg, to OBX, to the family farm in WV, then the entire Blue Ridge Parkway, Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway, and the Trans-America Trail end to end. Two rear tires, four flats, one oil change, three broken frame spots on Joe's XR, and a muffler wrapped in tree bark. An stories to tell forever.

Tomorrow we begin the prep for Joe and his Dad to make the return trip. Oil and filter changes, tire changes, small fairings added, and transfer of the tools and parts. I fly home Friday morning, and they head back to Virginia via Highway 50, the Loneliest Road in America. I can't believe Joe is willing to ride that XR home on the highway. It was painful enough as it was at 25-35 mph!

Can't wait to get back to Petersburg and see everyone.

jeff

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 07-24-2013 at 08:41 PM
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote