View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #76
TheAdmiral OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 832
No Business Lookout

Did a little camping, geocaching and riding this past weekend, with the highlight of the weekend being No Business Lookout. Had a few other destinations on the schedule of events, but as usual, ran out of time. Visual of our wanderings

First up was "On Top of the World Cache". Ran into a herd of Elk on the way. Young one's in the bunch as well. Don't usually have the camera ready, but we were parked at the cache

Cache was placed here almost 2 years ago and we are the "First to Find"

Parked near the cache. Hillside in the background still green. Been very hot and dry out here causing most thinks to dry up and turn brown

That water looks good. To bad it's so far away. Spotted Cascade Lake as we near the lookout. If you look close you can see a sailboat out in the middle

Ah, here's our destination - No Business Lookout (had a cache here too). Notice the "Bird cage" lightning protection system surrounding the lookout.
It was busy up here today with lots of traffic.

Did I mention it was busy!

Walk way to the outhouse

Cozy place for the outhouse

George on the doggie lookout platform

Me signing the geocache log here at the lookout

Everyone left the lookout but us. The lookout is here in the picture. Very nice guy and gave us a tour. Notice this is a two story cabin lookout with a storage type basement area too

Mr. Lookout showed us around the place. Here is his first floor living area. This lookout is also unique in that it has electricity, but no running water

Old phone and fire extinguisher

Viewing south from the top floor

Here's the Osborne Firefinder thingy. History link: http://www.nysforestrangers.com/arch...y%20kresek.pdf

Viewing NE of Payette Lake and McCall, Idaho. One sure can see a lot up here

George resting while we get ready to leave the lookout

Unfortunately, you can also see some of the fires up here too

On a nearby mountain top, we can see the launching of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)

Of course I may have this wrong? Oops, it's just an FAA navigation thing, my bad

After visiting the lookout, we spent the rest of the day wondering some old logging roads and taking a break now and then...in the shade

What, road construction up on a logging road? We did have to do some backtracking and finding other routes

Great day of riding and now time for some R & R. Hope you enjoy

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote