View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #24419
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
All you guys that have been thinking about giving this a try but have been holding out, this is your chance. No permit required for the Blackwater State Forest and I'll be riding an air cooled 230cc Honda which has 15hp. If you are riding anything more powerful than a bicycle you'll be fine.
Don't get me wrong guys, you need to be able to ride in tight quarters in deep sand and waterproofing your bike wouldn't hurt...I would highly recommend good knobby tires, make sure your bike is 100% reliable, and it doesn't have to be Orange (a KTM) but it helps.

As far as personal protection...helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long sleeves, etc. If it is your first time, being over protected instead of under protected is a good thing. You can always take stuff off and tie it to your handlebars...and by the way, it is hot. A camel back or some way to carry fluids is a big plus.

I Just didn't want to give anybody the wrong impression and have them show up in tennis shoes and/or with street tires, etc.
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote