Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #1204
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR250NC View Post
I have another questions for the experts. I was using a half ass wheel chock on the trailer I was using to transport the 'new' KLR to be inspected. Hit a bump, tire slid over and it fell on the right side. Dented the radiator and the fan shroud. I cranked it and let it run for about 10 minutes but the fan never came on. The previous owner said that the fan didn't come on until 3/4 of the way on the temp gauge. I have bent the shroud off the fan to where it is not touching but the fan is still hard to turn by hand.

Question 1- Should the fan turn freely by hand or should it not? It feels like it has a bump in it every rotation, but it is not touching anywhere.

The radiator did not leak fluid when it was running but I had the bike upright. I will post some pictures when I get home but it probably depressed the right side radiator approx 1/2"-1" on the side.

Question 2- Should I try to EASILY bend the radiator side bracket back out so the engine shroud will fit back or just order another right side radiator. I found some on ebay fairly decent priced compared to new.

Is there anything else I should check or should be worried about? Rookie move, I know.
My fan turns easily. Maybe you could pull the fan off the shaft and check the shaft for straightness. The other stuff may or may not matter. I would be cautious about bending stuff as you might break it.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote