View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #4059
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
I'm in the east bay area and I'm somewhat I'm tired of our limited roads. (Mines to Hamilton, Morgan Territory rd, Calaveras rd to Felton rd, are all worth doing)

I've been riding Mines and Calaveras for around 15 years and still see them as a challenge every time- but I can understand running out to the Junction and back getting old. If you head on out to Patterson or up and over Hamilton, there are another hundred or more miles of prime twisties. And if you go up and over Hamilton, that is a great segway over to the multitude of offerings on the Peninsula or south to Hollister and Airline and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez
I'd be looking at Google maps for ideas on south and north bay rides and trying to find roads like Soquel San Jose to Summit, Big Basin, and Skyline simply because it's got a few M/C folk gathering spots.(South) and if you head north there are some great M/C roads all over the Marin area including Mt. Tamalpias (Panamatic Hwy) Bolinas (Bolinas Fairfax rd) and that whole area for that matter.

But then that's just what I think and what I'd do.
I can't stand the north bay but must concede there certainly are some nice roads up there. However you have to do them at insanely off hours to avoid deputy dog or the parade of moron cagers.