View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4061
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post

I've been riding Mines and Calaveras for around 15 years and still see them as a challenge every time- but I can understand running out to the Junction and back getting old. If you head on out to Patterson or up and over Hamilton, there are another hundred or more miles of prime twisties. And if you go up and over Hamilton, that is a great segway over to the multitude of offerings on the Peninsula or south to Hollister and Airline and all that.

I can't stand the north bay but must concede there certainly are some nice roads up there. However you have to do them at insanely off hours to avoid deputy dog or the parade of moron cagers.
I agree with both points.

Perhaps my reluctance to promote Mines Rd. comes from not only traveling that road since before I could drive (To get to the snow and friends lived up there.) but it includes the knowledge that most of the ranchers up there willingly hog the lane with the understanding that their ranch trucks are much bigger than any bike they'll encounter. And the knowledge that my boss (Who built the big bridge at ~mile 15) has replaced his fence and picked up bike parts more times than he can count.

The christening:

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.

Stinez screwed with this post 07-26-2013 at 12:29 PM
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote