View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
littlelionmonster OP
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 764
Day 8 - st Anthony to Norris point

Slept in a bit then got ready and loaded up the bike. There was frost on the seat. Glad I didn't camp.

Good breakfast at the b&b. Talked to her for awhile and got a suggestion to stop by the salmon cave. River cut thru a ridge so the salmon run thru a tunnel. Nice ride cool and clear and the wind finally died down.

Saw the first moose of the day and a couple carribou.

Stopped and hiked around salmon pool. Near place. It had a couple camping spots and nice river to do some fishing.

Then kept rolling to arches park.

Picked a couple small rocks that caught my eye then called the Bonnie Bay hostel to check on a room.

I read HBN's RR where he had stayed here and wanted to check it. Its an old community hospital that has been turned into a hostel/library/gym. Here's their FACEBOOK page

Got here around 3 got the room and went to get some real food. AFter I unloaded, I forgot to take off the rok straps and it ended up getting it ripped off in the chain. Have to find some webbing a buckle to fix it.

Luckily, that is the worse thing that happened during the entire trip!!

Pam fried fish and fries for supper.

Stopped at the Gros Morne visitors center to figure out Friday. Then came back, found some desert and walked around a bit.

I was the only person in the hostel that night. Quiet. Luckily, the community guard dog was on duty. This was probably the ugliest dog I've ever seen.

View from the hostel deck. Looks like some weather is moving in.....

Buy my Jetta TDI
Buy my jacket
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote