View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #70
thecanoeguy OP
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,837
i treid my new bead breaker tyre levers ,they are brilliant , i was hoping to get to Windhoek on this tyre but it started to delaminate with only 16,000 km on it

head out towards Aus and wondered how you could live here ,not a tree, bush ,or anything for miles but rocks ,sand and wind
head north and got to Sousesvlea around dusk ,after a few wrong turns due to the lack of signs, sandy gravel with some interesting bits ,to keep you on your toes, like, as in tank slappers a few times
next morning i wanted to go to the dunes but no bikes in the park ,so i hitch hike ,most vehicles already went before dawn and the rest full, so after keeping busy for a few hours, i got a lift,

the guys who gave me a lift out to dune 45, they pulled up to give me there pass ,but i jumped in before they had a chance to say no

a few jackyls lurking

Dune 7 is the biggest sand dune in the world and dune 45 possibly the most photographed

sandy campground

headed off for Swakopmund around lunch time and crossed the tropic of capricorn on the way ,more sandy, gravelly,corrugated, twitchy road for a fair ammount of the way ,i thought i was Gaston Rahier throwing that big GS around in the Dakar,must have been the heat

don't play in the sand

stay on the hard ground thet say

thecanoeguy screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 08:24 AM
thecanoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote