View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #66
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvralpha View Post
Hallo Guys, have a new 1190 Adventure and live in Pretoria, South Africa. This country have some of the worlds most amazing offroad riding areas and I fully intend to explore them in the next few years.

I am 54 and a electronic engineer with my own business. I get some free time to travel and my wife always join in.

I took the Adventure and LC on test drives last week one up and with my wife. I choose the Adventure because it is a bike that has significantly better specs ( 23 L vs 20 L tank, 30+ more HP on back wheel, 20+ kg lighter and KTM's offload legacy). She choose the Adventure because she said she felt safer and more planted.

I took the bike for a 300 km spin this weekend which included 20 km dirt and some patches of soft sand. The bike was great through all of that and I did not come off especially considering that I went offroad 30 years ago at last count. It really gave me confidence since we rode with other riders and 3 came off. (all BMW bikes 650, 2 x 1200 adv). I cannot wait for the next ride.

The bike is great on dirt and great on the road. Yeehah!!!
It's an awesome bike - funny your mrs made the decisive call or I'm assuming she did :)
Babatad is offline   Reply With Quote