View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #64
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
As the last 2 stages were Marathon, Cyril made a smart move in conserving his tyres. Resulting in the overall lead today!!

Cyril remains the man to beat, even on a Yammie. Feeling sorry for all the CD haters out there

Quote:

Rally Dos Sertoes - stage 6

The second part of the marathon stage was held as planned, which caused major changes in the overall standings. By arranging his rear tire and its foam, Cyril Despres (Yamaha Racing / Yamalube) won the special with 59 seconds ahead of Brazilian Jean Azevedo, Jakub Przygonski finished third. The eve leader Marc Coma had tire problems and Cyril now leads overall with 15' 05 in advance on Paulo Gonçalves, Przygonski is now third and Mickaël Metge (Yamaha Racing / Yamalube) dates back to the fourth place (at 27'45).

Cyril Despres

"Assuming third this morning I pretty quickly caught Marc (Coma) and it was obvious that he had problems with his rear foam." Shortly after, I caught Paulo Goncalves, who was reluctant to open the track and I led him to refuelling. More I got closer to the end of the special, plus I accélérais and during the last few kilometres I rode at bottom. Finally, I ended up almost 6 minutes before Paulo.

"During tire testing that we have done with the Yamaha and Michelin, about a month before the start of the race, I have a pretty good idea of how to approach this marathon stage and the result was that I was expecting - however these two days have not been easy. '' I was always aware that I had to take care of the tire back and foam, while trying not to lose too much time and calculate continuously the distance and position of my opponents. It is mental effort was almost bigger than that to drive the motorcycle! It is obvious that today ' today we are in a good position, but we still have a long way to go and the whole team and myself are going to stay focused on the work that remains to be done. »

Mickaël Metge

"When yesterday afternoon we arrived at the end of the first part of the marathon stage, it was obvious that my rear tyre was much more worn that Cyril and this morning before the start, I was really worried about the opportunities that I would have to get to the end without incident. I followed the advice of Cyril and I took care of my bike until the refuelling and after I picked up my pace until the end. This means that I lost a bit of time on the special, but my place is not bad at all." (Translated by Bing)