View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
psmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 902
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
We went to the top of the FR420 and while talking about where to go next my buddy spotted the single track - it took us south to just above forrest lake where we had to bail down into AF canyon and head home. Fun run but no cake walk.

Do either of you know if the trail to pittsburg lake is reachable via motorcycle?
Looks like the 420 side is the link to 157 then. I was on the north side of Snake Creek and I don't think it could connect except by foot which is a go over Sunset Peak. See my point B where I bailed on the climb.

40.579379,-111.582624 (enter this coordinate in google earth)

We used to ride to Pittsburg Lake in the early 70's on our Huskys and I think that's still open. I'm not such a fan of riding a heavier bike in that terrain but keep finding myself in it.

I rode to Forest Lake on the AmFork side but didn't attempt the 171 link from there up to 157.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901506

I'm still interested in trying your 420 to 157 all the way to Timp and back but need to borrow a lighter bike for the single track. If nothing else, it would look a bit ridiculous to encounter an old dude on a DR650 with windshield up there. Especially if you had to help him pick it up

psmcd screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 06:59 PM
psmcd is offline   Reply With Quote