View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
bonekrusher
big jerk

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmcd View Post
Looks like the 420 side is the link to 157 then. I was on the north side of Snake Creek and I don't think it could connect except by foot which is a go over Sunset Peak. See my point B where I bailed on the climb.

40.579379,-111.582624 (enter this coordinate in google earth)

We used to ride to Pittsburg Lake in the early 70's on our Huskys and I think that's still open. I'm not such a fan of riding a heavier bike in that terrain but keep finding myself in it.

I rode to Forest Lake on the AmFork side but didn't attempt the 171 link from there up to 157.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901506

I'm still interested in trying your 420 to 157 all the way to Timp and back but need to borrow a lighter bike for the single track. If nothing else, it would look a bit ridiculous to encounter an old dude on a DR650 with windshield up there. Especially if you had to help him pick it up
I'm with you on the heavy bike aspect - we had to lift our bikes over 3 fallen trees on that run and there are several drop downs caused by tree roots or large rocks that I'm not sure I would have been able to come back up. I was on a KLX250 at the time and even it seemed too heavy (I am inexperienced on single track though). I ride a DRZ400 now and I'm not sure if I'd take it on that or not - well I would, but I'm not sure if I would make it all the way or have to bail by the lake again.

What kind of range do you have on that 650?

MavChick - Have fun in CO - sounds like an awesome trip.
bonekrusher is offline   Reply With Quote