View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
littlelionmonster OP
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 783
Day 10 terra nova - b36 crash - St. John

Day started slowly. No real hurry today. Short ride the crash site then couple hours to DaMurph house in St. John. Made breakfast packed up then stopped by store to check email and weather. Looked like rain so got going to site.

Had to chase this little guy off the table

Ride back to the sight was nice. Here's a link to another ADV'ers RR
B36 Crash near Clarenville

Another little fishing village back off the road. GPS actually took me right to the place. Just follow the road and go past the slate factory then follow the road for the quarry.

Only a little sign that would let you know about the site.

Short hike up to top of the mtn. To look at the wreckage.

Was a big Cold War bomber and the only thing in tact was the tail section. Thing must of explored when it hit.

Came down and started to rain so took off. Got back on the trans Canada. The narrow section of the island had lots of fog and wind. Stuck behind a pickup and just tried to keep moving. Finally made it to St. John.

While in Goose Bay, Straight_8 suggested I contact DaMurph in St. Johns for a place to stay. Plus a couple other RR mention meeting him and how great a host he is. Murph sent me a note and said no problem, we've got you covered.

When I got into St John, I called Murph and gave him the wrong address to meet me but made to his place a little later. Super nice guy and his sister lives in a little town that is just south my place in VA. Hung out for a bit and since it was actually warm. Did some laundry and enjoyed a little down time.

Time to air stuff out

Since the weather was nice, we ran to cape spear and thru down town past the docks.
Eastern most point in North America

St. John has a nest feel. Kinda like downtown Staunton in a bigger setting.

and it has a harbor.

Had an awesome dinner of spaghetti and met Danellia, Murph's special friend. We talked for awhile, then I crashed. 2 weeks on the road, ice bergs and 50 kph cross winds were catching up with me.

Corporate Downsized - Screw it, I'm doing the TranLab

Wife and kids left, I'm going to WV
littlelionmonster is online now   Reply With Quote