View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #63
catfish OP
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Hooligan View Post
Thanks Mike for organizing this ride, I had a great time. Too bad California is so crowded as you can see from this photo
Thanks for joining us & sharing your photos Gerry! I sure like your camping Sprinter.

Hey Cory, cool old pickup. Next time I'm headed to the Pinenuts, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post
Good times!
Thanks to Catfish for organizing and to everyone for showing up ...
see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn
Thanks for the photos John!

I finally have some time to post, so here we go ...

Got to Silver Valley CG Sunday morning just as the sites were opening up. Got the one right across from Jim. Gerry parked his nice Sprinter next and we got ready for an afternoon ride.

Rode to the top of the Mt. Reba ridgeline to view the wilderness to the north and the High-Sierra lakes to the south. On the way up are a couple of loose-rocky spots, i.e. squid filters. The 2nd one sucked the rider leader in BOTH times this trip! D'OH!!!

The views are nice up top.

Then we went looking for some secret singletrack ...

that ain't secret anymore! WTF?!?

A large old downed tree on this trail had the coolest log ramps built on both sides to get over it. The ramps were removed and a giant slot finally cut through the tree. :-( It was sweet ST none the less!

Which led us to an atv trail and a forest road to a cool old cabin you can camp in, for free.

Then we found another singletrack to ride on the way back to camp,

SWEET trail!

Then it was back to camp for a swim in the lake before dinner. Oh, but stopped by Silvertip CG to see John. Then Rob & Phil got back from their epic ride! Talked for a little & headed for my swim.

Ahhhhhhh ...

The Absolute & tonics really hit the spot, followed by yummy shared dinners, & stories by the campfire.

Not a bad 1st day!

Catfish ...

catfish screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 03:04 PM
catfish is online now   Reply With Quote